Domain Names and Git

Spent morning trying to put an ‘ignore common words’ feature on the keyword finder app. But it is taking a while so will just leave it for now. I think it is good enough as an MVP. Also removed all results that are only one letter long.

Possible future upgrades for the extension include:

  • ‘ignore common words’ option for the users
  • ability to add or remove words from the ‘ignore’ list, including by having an X on the keywords tags so that users can remove those as keywords.
  • ability to choose length of words to filter by
  • find also key phrases (2 – 3 words long)

Purchased two domain names for my personal website, and for beatzblender. Had some issues pushing changes to beatsblender. That is because my git master head was the one working with the social logins. I forgot about that, and so I made some changes and pusehd it but is wasnt working.

Basically I had to revert to the last commit before I started working on the social logins. And then I was getting some issues saying I couldnt commit because the branches were on different heads, or something like that. I pushed with the force parameter and it seemed to work:

git push -f pro old-state:master

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s